Thursday, April 18, 2013

I WANT TO LIVE WITHOUT PAIN. BUT THE DOCTOR WANTS ME TO LIVE IN PAIN AND EVENTUAL DEATH.


Transcript available at bottom of post.


18-04-2013

Robbie speaks up about the cruelty and indifference by some doctors in the public health system towards his suffering that extends to some others with Cerebral Palsy and those fighting to care for them.
 

TRANSCRIPT AS FOLLOWS:
 
Robbie: I don't know what made me. Whether a loving coupling; a benevolent deity or a mad scientist. I don't find myself particularly deserving of love and life but I can't help wanting it. I don't want...I don't want misery. I want life and I want love like every other human being does. But according...according to the Australian medical...ummm...system, I don't...I don't deserve a look in. Unless... it is to load me on already overworked, underpaid nurses. Moving me around is agony.I have to be moved around ten times a day. I can't stand it and I don't want to stand it any longer.
 
Sam: What about your 'elective' surgery news today?
 
Robbie: Sigh! I could be waiting for anywhere up to a year for any kind of surgery. The doctors don't particularly care whether that surgery is going to be affective or not. That's just the surgery they plan to give me to ah, say they've done something. BUT they might do it a year from now. Not acceptable.


No comments:

Post a Comment